Terms and Conditions
Umtamvuna View Cabanas
Self Catering Accommodation
The right of admission is reserved. The owners and management of Umtamvuna View Cabanas have the right to request that any guest leave the premises with immediate effect, should the need arise, due to disturbance, damage to property, or unruly or Anti-Social behaviour. We will not tolerate any discrimination based on race, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
The Lower South Coast is experiencing water shortages caused by the city Council / UGU water board. Umtamvuna View Cabanas have storage tanks for our guests but we kindly request all guests to use water sparingly
General Terms and Conditions
Check in time is after 2pm (14.00 hrs) Late check in must be arranged with Management
– Checkout time is 10.00am or before. Due to rooms requiring cleanup before next guest arrival. Late check out will incur additional cost of R125 per hour,
Room keys during long term stay
– Long term stay over guests must lock their rooms on their way out and keep their set of keys for the duration of stay.
Lost key or damage to locks
– The cost for replacement of lost room keys or damaged locks is applicable and a total amount of R250 for lost keys and R250 for lost remote replacement to be paid immediately.
– Smoking is completely forbidden inside any of the Cabanas.– Smoking is permitted outside the house, please use the ashtrays placed at your Cabana veranda and barbecue area.
Abuse of facilities
Smoking in any of the rooms is deemed to be illegal and a minimum of R2000 fine will be levied to anyone smoking within any rooms
An additional cleaning charge of R500 will be charged for : e.g. heavily soiled bedding, stained carpets and walls, broken windows or furniture, etc
– There will be no refunds for early departures, for lack of Water due to the supply from UGU water board, Eskom / Electricity or breakdowns of any air conditioner, appliances, etc, if said breakdown is due to weather and /or other conditions over which the house owner has no control.
Cabanas – Please do not use rooms for business activities or for any purposes other than accommodation use, without the consent of the Umtamvuna View Cabanas management.
The number of occupants per room shall not exceed the number as stated on the reservation
Guests are requested not to entertain Visitors anywhere within this property without prior authorization of the Management
- All guest visitors must complete an indemnity form before entry
- All Visitors must vacate the property by 10 Pm without fail.
Under no circumstance are visitors allowed to stay overnight
We have provided lights in as many areas as possible for your convenience, kindly ensure these are switched off before retiring to bed or leaving the premises.
Air conditioners and fans
Please ensure that these are switched off before leaving the premises. For the Cabanas with Air conditioners, Please ensure Doors are kept closed when air conditioners are in use.
Should these be left on while guests have left, Management and Owners reserve the right to enter the Cabana to switch off the unit
Cabana towels are for the use inside the Cabana and bathroom only, Under no circumstance are Cabana towels allowed for use at the swimming pool.
All Cabanas are equipped with Flat screen Tvs and DSTV basic Stay plans. Certain Cabanas have DVD players and DVDs are obtainable from the office
– Parking is available free of charge for all house guests. Guest visitors are not allowed to use guest parking without approval from Management.
– Do not leave any valuables inside your car while it is parked. Umtamvuna View Cabanas cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any such articles while your car is parked.
– Please do not throw / flush cigarette buds, cotton buds, tampons, sanitary pads disposable nappies or any other material, other than toilet paper t. Charges will occur for any blockage.
The library, swimming pool, bar area, pool deck and barbecue area common areas of the facility and guests are encouraged to use them to their need or recreation, nevertheless there are some rules to abide by:
BARBECUE / BRAAI
- Keep the barbecue area clean. After use leave it as you’ve found it;
- Never leave the barbecue fire unattended once it has been lit;
THE SWIMMING POOL
- All precautions must be made to eliminate glass breakages at the pool area. Should there be any breakage, you are responsible for cleaning up, thereafter please report this to management for us to further remove all glass from the pool area.
- The pool is for the use of all guests and is used at their own risk
- Pool hours are 08h00 until 20h00. Please arrange with the Management for access to the pool outside of these hours.
- No children are allowed near the pool without adult supervision;
- Keep the pool area neat and clean at all times;
- Keep noise level at the pool area low as other guests rooms are situated directly above the pool;
- Please inform kids not to urinate in the pool water (let us keep the pool hygienic for other guest as well);
- If you’re part of a group stay, try to maintain occupancy time & rate at acceptable levels as the other guests may also want to enjoy the pool.
– We will hold you responsible for any damage or loss caused to our property by your acts or omissions, default, accident or neglect. By booking with us you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand an amount reasonably required to make good or to rectify such damage or loss caused by you
– Please report any accidents or incidents to the guest house management in connection with any property damage.
– Umtamvuna View Cabanas cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents the guest house from fulfilling its obligation to guests. However, We will do our best to take necessary steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions:
1. Unanticipated interruption to electricity, water, sewage to and from the guest house;
2. Industrial actions, civil uprising or criminal activity;
3. Fire, frost, flooding, wind or any other force major event.
4. Electrical outage due to load shedding or any other failure caused by the electricity department
5. Lack of water as a result of Municipal supply or incapacity
Because we have several guests, we ask you to respect each other concerning cleanliness of the common areas and noise level. If we receive complaints, you will be given a warning. Further complaints are subject to the termination of stay. We reserve the right to end a reservation if a guest becomes a disturbance/nuisance to others including management. No refunds will apply for this behaviour
Please respect the house and its occupants.
– The owners of Umtamvuna View Cabanas are dedicated to the protection of our planets resources and would encourage our guests to help us by:
· Switching off lights, fans, air conditioners when not in use;
· Ensuring that taps are always turned off after use; Use water sparingly
· Avoiding the unnecessary use of towels – just use what you need
· Do not throw empty bottles out of the car window
· * We thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Management / Owner